“A glass half full” will be the phrase that will accompany the 63rd edition. A glass half full is not a glass to be filled but it is the will to look beyond, it is a good omen, it is a glass to drink together and to be refilled with good wine.
At the center of the delightful village of Tresanti stands the church of San Bartolomeo, a simple and austere 17th century construction in the place where a previous building of worship was located
The parish church, consecrated in 1057 and probably built before the year 1000, is one of the oldest in the whole Valdelsa and, together with the nearby village of Lucardo, constitutes the original nucleus of the city of Montespertoli.
Located on the crest of the hills that separate the Virginio and Orme valleys, the Parish of Coeli Aula has very ancient origins since it is already mentioned in documents of the 9th and 10th century dealing with the alienation of farms located in its territory.
A walk of extreme interest is that up to the Tenuta Corfecciano-Urbana, which, in addition to including a visit to the cellars, is of particular interest for the beautiful Oratory that surmounts a dense hill of cypresses and flanks the villa.
Lucardo is probably the oldest settlement in the municipality of Montespertoli. Its name derives from locus arduus but according to other sources it is a derivation of the German Leocard or Liucard.
Throughout its millenary history we can identify three different configurations for the Montegufoni castle.