" Le Corti '' Cultural Center
The ‘Le Corti’ Cultural Center is located in the premises of the building located in via Sonnino at 1, completely renovated.
The property is owned by the Municipality of Montespertoli acquired in 1800 with the transfer of the municipal offices to the current headquarters in Piazn contract signed on 19 September 1860 with the aim of transferring the seat of the podestà. At the za del Popolo, the building became a municipal school and later around 1970 it was the seat of the health and social center. Its use as a library dates back to the beginning of 2000.
On 24 August 2020 the redevelopment works of the ‘Le Corti’ Cultural Center and the Palazzo dell’Orologio began, and next June 2021 the cultural center is scheduled to open which will continue to host the ‘Ernesto Balducci’ Municipal Library which returns in its ‘old’ headquarters but with new, functional and more welcoming locations.
On the first floor there is the pre-unitary Historical Archive of the Municipality, in addition the cultural center is also equipped with an outdoor garden called the ‘Giardino della Balducci’ and an Auditorium. For the use of the various services of the Cultural Center, the citizen can contact the Office for Culture, Promotion of the Territory, Museums and Library, located within the center itself.
The Auditorium, as well as for the activities of the Municipal Administration, is available to the various realities of the territory for exhibitions, conferences, various types of events.
Library, study room, exhibitions, conferences, presentations